Monday, June 30, 2008

Old age and disease

After walking 400KM, my knee became so painful, that I was no longer able to walk. At first I thought it to be a slight setback, but have had to accept the fact that my knee is worn out. I am presently in Edinburgh, waiting to see a doctor. If possible, I plan to see more of Scotland and spend time at Throssel Hole Monastery in England.
Here in Edinburgh,I was able to find some nice knitting wool and a good book to read.
I'm enjoying being in an English-speaking country again.

4 comments:

Cecelia said...

Hi Ruth,
I'm really sorry to hear that you are in pain. I hope the Scottish doctor can fix that up so you can enjoy your vacation beginning with a bit more of Scotland.
I imagine you are a bit disappointed that you have had to change your plans but if you can put it in a different context, walking 400 km is an accomplishment worth feeling good about. There's so much to do and see over there - I hope you have a wonderful time with whatever parts you choose to experience.
I look forward to seeing you when you return.
Best
Cecelia

Lois said...

Hi Ruth

I am sorry to hear your knee is so painful. The planning and preparation and walking 400km. is a huge accomplishment. Although your journey could not continue as planned I am sure that it will influence your outlook on life and
give you much insight.
Time now to rest and take care of yourself. Hope your knee will be better with rest and treatment.

Lois

Donna Roald said...

Ruth,

I am so proud of you!! What an accomplishment to have made it so far!

I know that you must be somewhat disappointed, but what the heck, 400 km is amazing. I hope that you were also able to do some walking meditation while on your trek.

I hope that the pain is subsiding and that you enjoy the Scottish countryside and your time at the monastery.

I miss our daily chats, and everyone at rug hooking asks about you.

Donna

Mugo said...

Send my love to all at Throssel. You done well dear Ruth.